Gets the job DONE!
Richard was the instructor for my training. When I arrived he started immediately with working through what was required to pass the CDL A with air brakes test.
- The Pre-Trip Inspection, including the Air Brakes test
- The skills test (backing the truck, offset backing and 90-degree dock backing (Richard knows how to make this work, just listen and learn))
- The Road Test
Richard is known at the testing facility and is respected there. They are used to seeing the equipment and are familiar with its’ operation.
A couple of hints to help.
- Don’t watch a bunch of videos about these items, Richard will teach you what you need to know to pass. It is easier to learn than to have to unlearn what you thought you knew and then learn it again.
- Summertime – Take water with you, it is a long day and you want to stay hydrated because you have a lot of talking to get through the Pre-Trip.
- If you are not familiar with some of the components, try to get their names down, “slack adjuster”, “leaf spring hanger”, etc..
- There are 3 items that can NOT have aftermarket welds—— wheels, frame, leaf spring hanger.
I arrived at 8 AM, we went until lunch and took 30 minutes off, left for the test at 1:20 PM, arrived at the testing facility about 1:45 PM, waited a couple minutes, filled out paperwork, then the three tests in the order listed above, done with license at 4:40 PM, back to the training facility and left at 5:05 PM.
At the end of the day, I did the three tests Richard ‘s way and passed.
February 3, 2019
You are here: / Testimonials / Gets the job DONE!